YOU HAVE TO KNOW About repair electric shutters

Having worked in the PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) field for quite some time I have seen some astonishingly dangerous pieces of electrical equipment. Often that is down to poor awareness on the dangers of electricity. I’m writing this article to try and educate users to some of the dangers that can be found when working with electrical goods and just why faulty goods should always be repaired before further use.

In the UK alone around 1000 injuries occur due to electric shock every year, normally 30 of these will be fatal! This really demonstrates electricity has to be taken seriously and is no laughing matter. Visit my site to view failed items found during PAT testing.

Below I have listed probably the most common bad electrical practices and why they can be dangerous:

Plugs without protective sleeves

Some older plugs don’t feature the protective sleeves on the phase and neutral pins of the plug. Basically because of this for anyone who is plugging or un-plugging an appliance with this particular type of plug you’re at risk of electric shock if you contain the plug incorrectly. In the event that you look at today’s plug you can see the protective sleeves on the pins as another colour to the metal by the end of the pins. I have seen protective sleeves that have been melted off a plug when overheating has occurred, if it has happened the plug may also have suffered internal damage.

Plugs rewired incorrectly

The most common fault when checking in the plug is that the cable grip is either missing, loose or only clamping the individual insulation for the phase and neutral wires rather than the insulation for the cable also. The cable grip can be an important feature on plugs as a sharp tug could easily damage the wiring. Plugs which have been rewired incorrectly to the incorrect polarity or are missing a connection to earth are less common but can still be a danger.

Fuses

It’s not only surprisingly common for the wrong fuse to be found when testing an appliance but occasionally I’ll find tin foil, a bolt or other things that will conduct electricity in place of the fuse. Utilizing the correct fuse for the equipment in use is very important as should a fault occur using the wrong fuse could be the difference between a blown fuse or a power fire / severe electric shock. When something is protected by the incorrect or no fuse in the event of fault it can draw often more current than it must be able to. If that is short circuiting this can create a huge amount of heat and a fire before very long at all. شایع‌ترین دلایل برای تعمیر کرکره برقی

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *